So, you want to take the leap, but where do you start?
During uncertain times it can be trickier to make the decision to go it alone in recruitment, but there are companies out there that can take the lead and fully support you, despite exceptional external unknowns.
Here are a few tips to help you in this situation:
1. It's important to keep up to date with an unpredictable external situation or fluctuating conditions - but it's crucial not to become too absorbed in news updates or similar, and maintain a balanced perspective. Focus on facts from reliable sources.
2. Difficult trading conditions can still offer genuine business opportunities. These may require an open mind, diversification or a new focus altogether, but proactivity here can reap rewards. Maintaining a long term view, can add long term value.
3. Thorough research of your chosen business area and detailing a focused business plan can help you organise your thought processes and make it easier to stick to your goals.
4. It is essential to focus on the figures. Keep lean and a clear account of costs, spending and longer term forecasts to ensure your business remains viable.
5. Relationships are essential. Whether it be keeping in contact with peers for support, reaching out to someone for mentoring or communicating with potential clients and candidates to start or enhance a quality sales pipeline.
Industry specific companies can offer a recruitment software package to help manage your day to day administration and keep you compliant, a payroll solution and offer funding to make sure you have the finance means to operate.
"While you can’t predict the future, you can make smart choices to prepare and respond well to it."
For more information, check out our eBook - click through below...